Mining Transactional Data with Log Analytics
The absence of a common/standard practice for logging across different software platforms makes it diɝcult to draw meaningful insights from logs. Organizations need a more eɝcient approach to collecting large volumes of data, generating insights, and visualizing specific .PIs. NIIT Technologiesȇ log analytics solution can provide the required architecture and intelligence to resolve your problems quickly.
Impact of Disparate Systems
Logs are generated by various applications sitting on top of programmable devices. (ach application, with its unique technology architecture, has a different mechanism to generate and store logs. This creates many different formats and a vast repository of logs to handle.
The function of a log analyst is to unify these disparate formats into a common reporting language. The reports thus generated represent different activities of the heterogeneous environment:
- Customer behavior
- Compliance issues
- System functionality troubleshooting
- System vulnerability
Save for LaterDownload Brochure
Business Imperatives: Consumer Engagement
Architecture: Fit-for-purpose Features
NIIT Technologies uses Opensource Elastic Stack to synthesize insights from the huge volume of logs for business critical functions. .
Elastic Stack is a widely accepted solution in the industry and we at NIIT Technologies have highly experienced SMEs and engineers to understand, implement, maintain, and customize it as per client’s need. The engineers ensure:
- Precise configuration according to the client’s environment
- Seamless connectivity across different components
- Availability of stack at all times
- Fine-tuning of the system to run with optimum resources
- Meeting of SLAs
- Right fit of components into the current IT infrastructure
On the other hand, the team of SMEs ensure:
- Correct selection of KPIs that are vital to the business
- Customization of business metrics according to usersȇ work profile
- Upgradation of KPIs according to evolving business needs
- Rolling up the KPIs to the highest level of business metrics that define profitability
The NIIT Technologies team creates a highly customizable dashboard with graphically rich views. Log searches can now be leveraged by selecting KPIs and other analytical metrics. Visualizations can be added to focus on certain categories, products, or demographics.
Let’s assume that our data includes information about customers of an airline. By selecting segment data, we can find out exactly which segment is most engaged with the organization. To capture relevant data, we set the following fields and filters :
- Time for login and check-in
- Platform to identify the means used by loyal customers
- Fare trend line by selecting appropriate visual with feature
- Category of product to increase conversions and identify the reason why the customer did not end up purchasing the product. The focus is on individuals in the age group of 20-35 and resolving problems (navigating to next page) in real time.
The NIIT Technologies Advantage
Domain Knowledge: Our vast experience along with our dedicated subject matter experts and business analysts helps us astutely analyze business requirements and client challenges. Extensive domain knowledge allows us to engage and scale up our services quickly and eɝciently—instilling confidence in our clients.
Large Resource Base: Over one-third of our organization’s resources comprise technology, domain, testing, and project management consultants/analysts. We have the ability to quickly access talent with the required skill sets and ramp up client’s teams with niche skills.
Centers of Competence (CoCs): We have CoCs for technologies such as Java, .NET, SAP/ERP, Testing, Legacy, Cloud, Mobility, Analytics, Usability, and other areas. CoCs, as part of our charter, keep us abreast of new technologies and industry best practices. The consultants from our CoCs help our clients in overcoming technical challenges in specific situations.
Solutions in Key Business Areas: Based on our extensive experience and industry best practices, we have developed innovative, domain-specific, and quick-to-deploy solutions on latest technologies in key business areas.