Online Privacy Notice
Scope and Consent
This Privacy Notice describes NIIT Technologies Limited and its affiliates’ collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information. It applies to any NIIT Technologies site where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, and to any NIIT Technologies application, service, or tool (collectively "Services") where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices. By using its Services and/or registering for an account with it, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and NIIT Technologies User Agreement, and you are consenting to its collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.If you do not provide the information NIIT Technologies requires, NIIT Technologies may not be able to provide all of our Services to you.
If you reside in India, you are contracting with NIIT Technologies Limited 8, Balaji Estate, First Floor, Guru Ravi Das Marg, Kalkaji, New Delhi. If you reside outside of India, you are contracting with one of the NIIT Technologies companies & Subsidiaries.
The company you are contracting with is your data controller, and is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information in accordance with its global privacy standards as well as any applicable national laws. Your data controller may transfer data to other members of the NIIT Technologies as described in this Privacy Notice. NIIT Technologies may process and retain your personal information on their servers in India where its data centers are located.
"Personal information" is the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from that data and other information that NIIT Technologies has, or is likely to have access to. NIIT Technologies do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Changes to this Notice
NIIT Technologies may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. All amended terms automatically take effect 7 days after they are posted. NIIT Technologies will announce any material changes to this Privacy Notice through the NIIT Technologies Message Center and/or via email.
Global Privacy Standards
NIIT Technologies has established global privacy standards known as Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs). They are its commitment to protect your personal information and honor its privacy obligations regardless of where your personal information is collected, processed or retained within the company. NIIT Technologies BCRs is in process of approval with European Union privacy regulators that means after approval it will start treating your personal information everywhere within NIIT Technologies.according to European Union privacy standards. For more information about NIIT Technologies BCRs and its global privacy standards, you may Contact NIIT Technologies at email@example.com.
NIIT Technologies collects, processes, and retains personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) that you may use when you use its services, provide your information on its web form(s), update, or add information to your account, or when you otherwise correspond with it regarding its services.
The personal information NIIT Technologies may collect includes the following:
- Personal information you give when you use its services or register for an account with it.
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with NIIT Technologies.
- In some instances, when you use its Services, you may provide age, gender, interests and favorites.
- You may also provide NIIT Technologies with other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, or through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, and/or when you otherwise correspond with NIIT Technologies regarding its Services.
- Additional information NIIT Technologies requires, and/ or is authorized by applicable national laws, to collect and process to authenticate or identify you, or to verify the information that NIIT Technologies has collected about you.
- Personal information NIIT Technologies collects automatically when you use its services, or register for an account with NIIT Technologies
- Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's settings' menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
Personal Information NIIT Technologies Collects Using Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Use and Retention
NIIT Technologies uses the personal information it collects to:
- provide and improve its services,
- provide you with a personalized experience on its sites,
- contact you about your account and its services,
- provide you customer service,
- provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and
- Detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
NIIT Technologies retains your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for its operations. In addition, it may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce its User Agreement, and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws.
You have a choice about how NIIT Technologies should use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, to provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
You can control the methods by which NIIT Technologies may contact you about your account. You can also control your member-to-member communications preferences settings, and can choose which newsletters and promotions you want to receive.
By sending an e-mail to any of our e-mail addresses or by filling a form on the websites, you give us permission to connect with you using email, telephone, or post (as provided by you). We will use this information for responding to your query and other marketing activities.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from NIIT Technologies, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received, change your communication preferences within NIIT Technologies, or indicate your communication preferences within the direct communication from us. Keep in mind, NIIT Technologies does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, you may not have access to all NIIT Technologies services and NIIT Technologies might not be able to provide you all of the services and customer support offered to its users, and authorized under its Privacy Notice and its User Agreement.
NIIT Technologies protects your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards it use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. If you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us following the instructions in the Questions or Complaints section below.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a question or a complaint about this Privacy Notice, NIIT Technologies global privacy standards, or its information handling practices, you can reach NIIT Technologies Privacy Office in writing by sending a letter or postcard to: NIIT Technologies Limited 8, Balaji Estate, First Floor, Guru Ravi Das Marg, Kalkaji, New Delhi or Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.