Mr. Rajendra S Pawar, Chairman and Co-Founder of NIIT Group that encompasses NIIT Limited, a leading Global Talent Development Corporation, and NIIT Technologies Limited, the software and services arm. As a co-founder of the NIIT Group, Mr. Pawar has not only revolutionized the IT training industry, but is also recognized as a global technology thought leader.
As the Chairman of India’s IT industry body- National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM), Mr. Pawar has led several ICT industry initiatives, giving voice to the sector’s aspirations and goals. Earlier during 1990-92, as the President of MAIT (Manufacturers’ Association for Information Technology), Mr. Pawar integrated MAIT’s activities with other leading industry associations of India.
A Fellow member of the Computer Society of India (CSI) and the Institution of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), Mr. Pawar was awarded an Honorary Doctoral Degree by Rajiv Gandhi Technical University (MP) in 2005.
Awards and Accomplishments
- Acknowledging his contribution to the IT industry in India, Mr. Pawar has been awarded the country’s prestigious civilian honor, Padma Bhushan by the President of India in the year 2011
- Mr. Pawar is a member of the Prime Minister’s National Council on Skill Development and has served the Prime Minister’s National Task Force (1998) commissioned to develop India into an IT Superpower
- An advisor to the Human Province of China, he has also been a member of PIAC (Presidential International Advisory Council) of the Government of South Africa for IT
- As a founder member of the International Business Council of the World Economic Forum, Mr. Pawar is deeply engaged in addressing issues of global significance
- Global Business Intelligence firm, Ernst & Young conferred Mr. Pawar with its prestigious “Master Entrepreneur of the Year” award, in the year 1999. He has also been named as the “IT Man of the Year” by IT industry journal, Dataquest
- Mr. Pawar has been awarded ‘The Global India Splendor Award’ on the occasion of the 60th year of Indian independence, for his work in developing human resource potential
- He has received ‘Distinguished Alumnus Award’ from IIT Delhi in 1995 and ‘Madhav Award’ from The Scindia School
- Mr. Pawar has also been honored with the prestigious ‘Nayudamma Award’ in 2012, for his continued contribution to the IT industry in India