The IATA’s New Distribution Capability (NDC) program brings the potential to radically improve the airline-traveler relationship. By classifying consumers in the initial phases of the sales process across channels, airlines can create and offer more personalized products. Through direct and indirect channels, consumers will find it easier to purchase ancillaries such as priority boarding, onboard Wi-Fi, and access to airport lounges. They will enjoy access to personalized fare quotes, increased purchase transparency, and more.
Towards this, airlines will need to map customers’ buying behavior to their profiles. They will need to garner insights into the consumer journey.
NIIT Technologies has been closely involved with the NDC initiative, and actively participates in IATA NDC workgroups. We are an IATA Strategic Partner for NDC implementation. We provide consulting and IT services for airlines and Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) for NDC implementation.
- Consultation in the areas of NDC business case creation
- Readiness assessment
- Development of NDC roadmaps
- Recommendation of solutions and approaches to execution
- Modeling of business processes critically impacted by NDC
- Development of proofs-of-concept to validate NDC fitment for organizations. This involves development of interfaces and changes to existing systems for PSS, Revenue Accounting, Loyalty, and CRM.
- Development of NDC-compliant merchandizing and personalization engines
- Open system based offer and order system solution leading to alignment with your enterprise's standards and cost optimization.
- Agilility to evolving environment by enabling decoupled rules for enabling affinity selling, cross selling, ancillaries, etc.
- Innovative solution and Phased approach leading to faster ROI and reduced impact of implementation.